For my service learning project, I am giving my time and effort to the Lydia Home for children. My hopes for the service learning project are to utilize my skills to help children be their best and learn everything they can, and for me to better understand how to help people on a daily basis and gain skills that will aid me in my future.
My assumptions about my service-learning site is that they are a wonderful organization that helps children. I know that they help children who needs extra education. When you work there you help the children with their homework and gain further education through the help of the volunteers who give their time.
I learned from the owner of Lydia Home that the population that they help are not exactly less fortunate, but just in need of some help. I assume that the children use their time at Lydia Home to get the extra help and attention they need that they are unable to get elsewhere.
My passion for helping children stems from a long past of wanting to help children. I have always been a tutor, peer assistant, and put myself in any role that allows me to help the kids that were in my grade, or the grade below me. My interest in helping others has always been there, and this community service project will allow me to help the local children of Davenport in need of aid.
No comments:
Post a Comment